1. Havas commits to protect your personal information.
Havas Ortega (www.havasortega.com, Havas Media Ortega, Inc.) is committed to protect your personal data and your privacy. We encourage you to carefully read this Data Protection Policy. This Data Protection Policy informs you of our data protection and privacy practices and the way your personal data are collected online and how that data is used by Havas Ortega. This policy will be readily available on our home page and at the bottom of each page of this Website. Havas strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and Data Protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws. Havas Ortega commits to maintain confidential any personal data and to strictly limit any disclosure in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations. This policy is applicable to all Havas Ortega entities for the collection, processing, use, transmission, transfer and storage of personal data unless a national legislation imposes to some of them specific data protection rules.
2. How do we process your personal information?
Havas Ortega respects the rights of each individual or candidate to have his or her privacy and personal data protected. Havas Ortega will observe the following principles when processing your personal data:
- Processing your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- Collecting your personal data for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes;
- Collecting your personal data which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render personal data anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses;
- Maintaining your personal data accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Keeping your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- Processing your personal data in accordance with the individual’s legal rights;
- Taking appropriate technical and organizational security measures to keep your data safe and prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal data;
- Processing your personal data only if it is lawful in accordance with a legal basis including if you have unambiguously given your consent to such process.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
Havas Ortega may collect personal data from you to complete following operations: profile creation; information requests; subscriptions to newsletters and sending those letters; job applications.
4. What data is collected?
Havas Ortega collects and uses your personal data with appropriate notice and consent when it is required, and after having informed you in a proper way. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data subject’). An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This Policy does not cover personal data rendered anonymous. Personal data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or work. If personal data rendered anonymous become no longer anonymous (i.e., individual persons are again identifiable), or if pseudonyms are used and allow identification of individual persons, then this Policy will again apply. It is always up to you whether to pass personal data on us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or not to provide you with any services. The types of personal data we collect from you may include: your name, surname, company, email address, phone number; educational and employment background, and job interest data (for candidates); your Havas user ID and password (where applicable); IP address.
5. How do we use your data?
We gather and use personal data for the following purposes:
Browsing and Searching:
Newsletters and promotional e-mails:
We collect personal data when you ask to receive newsletters. We use those data to provide you the information you request.
If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal data, in a file specific to you. We use these data to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
We process personal information of candidates to manage the recruitment process. We’ll keep your personal data for the duration needed to complete the purpose for which they were collected.
6. What do we do with your Personal Data?
If you do disclose personal data to us, directly or not, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
Not process the personal data except:
- in the aggregate with other data in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the data confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Havas Ortega, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations or public authorities for identification, fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
7. Your consent
By providing us with your personal data and/or using this website and/or entering into a contract with us, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes described in article 3. You also consent to our transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the Philippines, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will provide appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is duly protected. If you provide us with personal data about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed. We do not process personal data of minors under 16 without the express consent of their parents or legal representatives.
8. Links to third-party websites
9. Your Data Protection rights
The Philippine Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173), you have the following data protection and privacy rights:
The Right to be Informed
Your personal data should never be collected, processed, and stored by any organization without your explicit consent, unless provided by law. You have the right to be informed that your personal data will be, or are being, or were collected and processed by an organization. In addition, you have the right to be informed in a timely manner should your data be compromised.
The Right to Access
You have the right to ask whether an organization has any data about you, and if so, gain reasonable access to them. You also have the right to ask that you be provided with a written description of the kind of information they have about you, the purposes of holding such information about you, and the processing your data is subjected to.
The Right to Object
You have the right to object to the collection, processing, and/or storage of your data by an organization. When you object or withhold your consent, the organization should no longer process nor store your personal data, unless the processing of such data is pursuant to a subpoena, for obvious purposes (e.g., contract fulfilment, employer-employee relationships), or a result of a legal obligation.
The Right to Erasure or Blocking
The Right to Damages
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data.
You can exercise this right upon discovery and substantial proof of the following:
- Your personal data is incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained.
- It is being used for purposes you did not authorize.
- The data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- You decided to withdraw consent, or you object to its processing and there is no overriding legal ground for its processing.
- The data concerns information prejudicial to the data subject — unless justified by freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press; or otherwise authorized (by court of law).
- The processing is unlawful.
- The personal information controller, or the personal information processor, violated your rights as data subject.
You may claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject.
The Right to File a Complaint
If you feel that your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission of the Philippines at www.privacy.gov.ph.
The Right to Rectify
You have the right to dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data an organization holds about you. The organization should act on such disputes and/or corrections immediately and accordingly, unless the request is unreasonable or vexatious.
The Right to Data Portability
This right assures that YOU remain in full control of your data. Data portability allows you to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your data in a secure manner, for further use. Data portability allows you to manage your personal data in your private device, and to transmit your data from one personal information controller to another. This right affirms your ownership and full control of your data.
For more information about your data rights, please visit the National Privacy Commission’s website at www.privacy.gov.ph.
10. Change in this Data Protection Policy
Havas Ortega reserves the right to modify this privacy statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Havas Ortega practices and procedures, the Havas Group’s worldwide practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities. In this case, Havas Ortega will inform Havas Ortega candidates and other persons of any material changes in this policy. Havas will post all changes on relevant internal and external websites.
For more information about Havas Ortega’s Data Protection Policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org